Ingredients | 材料 :
- Yield: 5 numbers | 5個 (8 cm diameter each)
15g Fine caster sugar | 細砂糖
3g Salt | 鹽
3g Yeast (red label) | 酵母 (紅依士)
160g Warm water (retain 10g and adjust) | 暖水 (留起10g水, 需要時用)
10g Unsalted butter | 無鹽牛油 (室溫，後下)
Steps | 做法 :
- Basic dough kneading and first fermentation, refer Basic Dough.
- Divide the fermented dough into 5 portions, press the dough lightly with your hand to squeeze the air out. Fold it into the centre and shape it into a rod-like, put them on a baking parchment and cover it with a damp cloth, let rest for 10 minutes. Refer Dough Cutting.
- Press the dough lightly with your hand to squeeze the air out. Pat to a rectangle and roll tightly from the long side to the end, gently roll with both hands and stretch it to 17~18cm long. Press flat on one end big enough to cover the other end. Put on baking tray with baking parchment, cover it with plastic wrap, for final fermentation for about 45 minutes in room temperature around 30°C until double its size.
- In a pot boil 1 litre of water with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Change to low heat, put bagle dough in, 30 seconds each side. Put dough on baking tray with baking parchment and put in preheated oven at 190°C immediately for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on rack.