Ingredients | 材料 :
- Yield: 12 numbers | 12個
35g Fine caster sugar | 細砂糖
3g Salt | 鹽
4g Yeast | 酵母 (依士)
50g Milk | 鮮奶
100g Warm water (retain 10g and adjust) | 暖水 (留起10g水, 需要時用)
1 pc Egg yolk | 1個蛋黃
10g Unsalted butter | 無鹽牛油 (室溫，後下)
100g Chestnut paste | 栗子泥 : refer filling
Steps | 做法 :
- Basic dough kneading and first fermentation, refer Basic Dough.
- Divide the fermented dough into 4 portions, press the dough lightly with your hand to squeeze the air out. Fold it into the centre and shape it into a ball, put them on a home baking parchment and cover it with a damp cloth, let rest for 10 minutes. Refer Dough Cutting.
- Press the dough lightly with your hand to squeeze the air out. Roll out to a rectangle, reverse to the other side, paste chestnut paste evenly, roll tightly from the short side to the end, gently roll with both hands and stretch it to 15cm long. Cut it into 3 pieces. Place them on aluminium foil. Put on home baking tray with home baking parchment, cover it with plastic wrap, for final fermentation for about 30 minutes in room temperature around 30°C until double its size.
- Gently brush the surface with egg glaze. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C immediately for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
*Tips | 心得 :
- put almond flakes on top gives variety to the bake too.
Related posts | 相關食譜 :
Muscovado Bread with Chestnut
Chestnut Paste Pastry