A Hong Kong-style sweet bun with a filling of shredded coconut. Have you ever tried it ?
Ingredients | 材料 :
- yield: 8 numbers | 8 個
250g Bread flour | 高根粉 (麵包粉)
30g Raw sugar | 原糖
4g Yeast | 酵母 (依士)
50g Warm water (retain 10g and adjust) | 溫水 (留起10g水，需要時用)
60g Hot water | 熱水
50g Milk | 鮮奶 (室溫)
8g Milk powder | 奶粉
6g Custard powder | 吉士粉
25g Egg | 雞蛋半只
10g Unsalted butter | 無鹽牛油 (室溫, 後下)
(C) Filling | 餡料 :
1 portion Desiccated Coconut Filling | 椰蓉餡 1份 (Steps | 做法)
(D) Bread Top | 包面 :
handful white sesame | 芝麻小許
1/8 portion Mexican topping | 墨西哥油 1/8份 (Steps | 做法)
Steps | 做法 :
- Preheat oven to 210°C 15 minutes before baking.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water taken from the list above, set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in sugar and hot water until sugar is dissolved. Add in milk powder and custard powder, mix well. Add in milk (the mixture should be slightly warm, not cold), then egg, mix well. Add yeast water and flour, mix well. Transfer it on a counter sprinkled with little bread flour and knead for about 3 minutes then "beat and knead" for about 140~160 times. Add in room temperature butter, knead for about 3 minutes then repeat "beat and knead" for about 200 times at 40~50 times per minute until the dough is smooth and elastic, takes about 4~5 minutes. Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, ferment for around 60 minutes below/around 30°C. (Reference: Making Basic Dough)
- Take out the fermented dough on a counter sprinkled with little flour, press the dough lightly with your hands to squeeze the air out and divide it equally into 8 portions. Fold it lightly into the centre and shape it into a ball-like, put them on a baking parchment and cover it with a damp cloth, let rest for 10~15 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly with your hands to squeeze the air out. Reverse the pressed dough, put in filling and shape. Put on baking tray with baking parchment, put also a cup of hot water on the tray, cover it with plastic wrap (or a large plastic bag), for final fermentation for about 30 minutes in room temperature below/around 30°C until double its size.
- Egg glazing thinly on bread top, sprinkle little sesame and pipe 2 lines of Mexican oil at each end. Bake in preheated oven and adjust it to 200°C, bake for about 10~12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
Desiccated Coconut Cream Bun