Ingredients | 材料 :
- yield: 10 numbers | 10個
250g Bread flour | 高根麵粉
30g Raw sugar | 原糖
4g Yeast | 酵母 (依士)
100g water (retain 20g and adjust) | 水 (留起20g水，需要時用)
3.5g Salt | 鹽
50g Milk | 鮮奶 (室溫)
35g Unsalted butter | 無鹽牛油 (室溫，後下)
35g Whole egg, beaten | 全蛋液
(C) Egg glazing on top of bread before baking | 焗前在包面搽上全蛋液
Steps | 做法 :
- Preheat oven to 220°C 15 minutes before baking.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water taken from the list above, set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in warm water taken from the list above, add milk. Fold in other (A) ingredients, mix well. Transfer it on a counter sprinkled with little bread flour and knead it to a dough. Add (B) butter and continue kneading it to a soft, smooth and elastic dough. Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, ferment for around 40 minutes below/around 30°C. (Reference: Making Basic Dough.)
- Take out the fermented dough on a counter sprinkled with little flour, press the dough lightly with your hands to squeeze the air out and divide it equally into 10 portions. Fold it lightly into the centre and shape it into a ball-like, put them on a baking parchment and cover it with a damp cloth, let rest for 20 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly with your hands to squeeze the air out. Reverse the pressed dough, fold two sides of dough into the centre, fold it again towards yourself and roll into a long rod shape. Wait for 5 minutes, roll it slightly from one end towards yourself while holding the other end with your hand. Roll it towards yourself and make a roll as in the photo. Put on baking tray with parchment, put also a cup of hot water on the tray, cover it with plastic wrap (or a large plastic bag), for final fermentation for about 40 minutes in room temperature below/around 30°C until double its size.
- Egg glazing thinly on bread top. Bake in preheated oven and adjust it to 200°C, bake for about 12~15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven.