Ingredients | 材料 :
- yield: 8 numbers | 8個
250g Bread flour | 高根麵粉
20g Raw sugar | 原糖
3g Yeast | 酵母 (依士)
100g water (retain 20g and adjust) | 水 (留起20g水，需要時用)
3g Salt | 鹽
40g Milk | 鮮奶 (室溫)
30g Whole egg, beaten | 全蛋液
30g Unsalted butter | 無鹽牛油 (室溫，後下)
(C) Filling | 餡料 : 400g Red Bean Paste | 紅豆餡
Ingredients | 材料 : Steps | 做法
1000g Water, adapt as needed | 水，有須要作適當調整
60g Brown Sugar | 黃砂糖
(D) Bread top | 包面
Egg glazing on bread top before baking | 焗前包面搽上全蛋液
Steps | 做法 :
- Preheat oven to 220°C 15 minutes before baking.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water taken from the list above, set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in warm water taken from the list above, add milk. Fold in other (A) ingredients, mix well. Transfer it on a counter sprinkled with little bread flour and knead it to a dough. Add (B) butter and continue kneading it to a soft, smooth and elastic dough. Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, ferment for around 40 minutes below/around 30°C. (Reference: Making Basic Dough.)
- Take out the fermented dough on a counter sprinkled with little flour, press the dough lightly with your hands to squeeze the air out and divide it equally into 8 portions. Fold it lightly into the centre and shape it into a ball-like, put them on a baking parchment and cover it with a damp cloth, let rest for 20 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly with your hands to squeeze the air out. Reverse the pressed dough, stuff filling, seal it up in round shape. With the fingers holding the sealed seam, slightly wet the other surface and dip with sesame (or poppy seeds), with seam down use a fore-finger to make a hole in centre of dough. Put the dough with seams down on baking tray with parchment, spacing apart, put also a cup of hot water on the tray, cover it with plastic wrap (or a large plastic bag), for final fermentation for about 40 minutes in room temperature below/around 30°C until double its size.
- Egg glazing thinly on bread top. Bake in preheated oven and adjust it to 210°C, bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.