Ingredients | 材料 :
90g Caster sugar (or raw sugar) | 砂糖或原糖
Steps | 做法 :
- Cut away the white flesh of the orange skin, cut into very small pieces, boil in water for few minutes, drain.
- In a pot, put in sugar in medium heat until sugar turns dark brown, fold in peels, stir periodically with a scraper or wooden cooking stick. Cook until sugar syrup is completely absorbed by the peels, takes 5~7 minutes depending on volume of peels, need adapt personally.
- Lay the peels on a baking paper, let cool, and put in fridge.
*Note | 心得 :
- 存放: 最好將做好的份量分成若干小包存放雪櫃，做完一包再開新的。可存放雪櫃三個月。
- Storage: best to separate the volume into several small bags and fridge. When one bag is used up, then open the second one. Keep in fridge up to 3 months.
Related posts | 相關食譜 :
Pecan Peels Wheat Bread
Dark Rye French Bread with fig
Pound Cake with Peels